It's my birthday week, and I'm not usually that person who tells everyone, It's my birthday! because that might upset or weird out people and I'm all about preserving harmony.* However, I did think it would be fun to do a little post with some facts about me, and this is the only week it seemed appropriate to do so. Without further ado, here are fifteen assorted facts, because twenty-five facts seemed like too many:
- I'm incredibly curious about other people's love languages and Myers-Briggs types. Both help me understand more about other people and myself. I'm an ESFJ*, but I flex a little to the introverted side, and my love languages are quality time and physical touch.
- My favorite smells are sunscreen, bug spray (yes), Nicholas' cologne, smokey barbecue tacos the morning after a night shift, this granola in the oven, and the smell of health food stores (usually a blend of lavender and basil).
- My elbows hyperextend, and it's not always photogenic. On our wedding day, my husband's best friend was on elbow duty during our photos.
- Those things you use to put your hair in a ponytail? I call them hair binders, not hair ties, or hair elastics.
- I'm not a natural multitasker, but I always forget this the moment I start to brush my teeth. I try to do a full load of laundry, or other household tasks, all the while forgetting three things: the toothbrush is in my mouth, I still need to brush my teeth, and everything would be more efficient if I just brushed my teeth and then completed said household task.
- I've never colored my hair.
- I'm the worst when it comes to remembering birthdays, but I memorize song lyrics easily.
- When I was younger, I wanted to be a Park Ranger.
- I'll cry most often when I witness injustice, a glimpse of God's glory, or occasionally during a Subaru commercial.
- I change the way I write letters and numbers all the time. For example, sometimes I write a loopy two, sometimes I write the two with a linear base.
- I'm prone to overindulge nostalgia.
- I prefer to wear neutral colors, stripes, or subtle patterns. Usually, I'd rather wear skirts or dresses.
- I would love to visit Norway, Iceland, or Greece.
- My tone of voice is inversely proportional to my comfort level, i.e. I speak in a lower tone of voice when I'm comfortable in a situation.
- Beautiful linens, pretty stationary, and nice dish soap are some of my favorite things.
So there you have it—just a few little notes about me.
I work on my actual birthday, but then I have six days off. To celebrate my twenty-fifth year, we'll have a low-key supper with a few friends, and I'm going to make the same cake I made last year, and most definitely eat it for breakfast the next day.