I'm in a bit of a lull with words right now (it'll pass), but in the meanwhile, here are a few iPhone pictures from the past week or so, and a bullet-point list of little bits of life:
- exploring our city on Tuesdays
- enjoying my first batch of homemade kombucha!
- on my days off, we're trying to wake up a little bit early to get in a walk together before he starts work for the day
- running in the heat
- power knitting a grey shawl
- oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but in bars this time
- journaling my way through the Psalms
- date night, DeVries-style: lettuce-wrapped burgers (no bun), two orders of fries, and a vanilla shake to share
Looking back at my recent posts, I realized it has been a long time since I wrote a little post about "life lately." I've written about things in our life, yes, like Cooper turning four, a visit to our friends in Bloomington, a visit from my family, a trip to the beach and the one year anniversary of my mother-in-law's passing, recent knitting and other creative projects, and some updates about our garden this year. But I haven't written a post with the little mish-mash bits of life since early June. So here I am now, playing a little bit of catch up.
It's been awhile since a "life lately" post where I write about all the little bits and pieces of our life. This spring has been a rather cold one, but just this past weekend, we are seeing much warmer temperatures and the weather seems to be catching up with the date on the calendar. As someone who enjoys the colder months, I will say that spring and summer feel a bit magical with kids, and logistically, lots of things just feel easier as the temperatures are more mild.
Starting sometime in the fall, I made a point to be a bit more creative and find new to us trails to hike on and explore. Since then, we have found several new favorites for when we are in the mood for a hike, regardless of the season.