Color craze shawl, finished
Although it's been finished for a few weeks now, I'm just now making time to write a blog post on this larger knitting project. A few months ago, I craved a colorplay project, namely one that used smaller amounts of several colors. The original sample only calls for four colors, but I'd seen several versions worked up with a main color alongside several min skeins of fingering weight yarn, and I loved the variety with more colors. I chose several colors, mostly in the family of magenta, blush, mauve, etc. along with a few outliers of dark grey and light blue, and a beige.
The pattern was enjoyable with large sections of garter, eyelets, or brioche. And I knew the shape would be quite wearable, as I love to wear (especially lightweight) crescent shaped shawls wrapped like scarves.
My progress slowed toward the end as the rows grew longer and Summer Sock Camp drew me away with fun sock projects. But I can't seem to set down projects indefinitely (thankfully) so I did get around to finishing it, and I'm so glad I did.
For more details, see my ravelry project page
Yarn: several smaller amounts of sock weight yarn from stash. Main color used throughout is a tweed sock weight yarn (mauve, although I can't recall the exact shade) from Sweet Sparrow Yarns
Size: one size
Pattern: Color Craze Shawl by Tamy Gore
Needles: US 3, sized down two needle sizes to account for my loose tension gauge, plus I don't care for an overly drapey fabric
Specifics/modifications: Adding additional contrast colors, smaller needles, added picot edge for bind off for a little visual interest (I've seen other people knit versions with this technique, and I wanted to try it for the first time).
Thank you to my SIL, Katelyn, for taking some photos of the shawl when we went downtown for a coffee date. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I love having pictures so that it finally, truly, feels finished.
Habitation throw, finished
After many months of sporadically working on this project, it's done! This was a longer term project for me, due to the size, and it suited me well to keep it as a background project to work on when I felt like it. However, with the beginning of January, I found myself wanting to wrap up a few projects, this included, so I worked on it more intensely until it was finally done.
Creative goals for 2023
At the beginning of each year, I like to make a rough outline of some creative plans. I know that these tentative plans will invariably change, but I like to have a starting point when I look ahead to projects, especially in terms of using yarn or materials already in my stash.
Fluffiest set vest, finished
When Hannah of Hannah G. Knits shared photos of a children's boucle vest and put out a call for testing, I applied.