Progress toward creative goals, late summer 2017
I thought I'd touch base on what I've been up to lately, creatively. I've actually been making a lot of things, many of which I haven't shared yet, since they were or are going to be gifts, and I wanted to share them only after the intended recipient received them. Lately, its been a healthy mix of sewing and knitting. Sewing tends to come in furious bursts, since it requires hauling out the sewing machine and taking over the kitchen table. I've noticed that I generally sew things in multiples (multiple pillow covers, multiple pouches, etc) once I get into a rhythm and enjoy myself. And knitting is, of course, a continuous undertone, week in and week out.
Recently completed projects:
- several zippered pouches, most of which you've seen on the blog, but a few you haven't
- a baby blanket for a friend's baby girl
Planning for future projects:
- a linen top, loose-fitting, maybe Ruby, Fen or the new Hadley top
- a tunic, maybe the Waterfall Raglan, the Matcha Top (with sleeves), Helmi Tunic Dress, or Darling Ranges (version 3)
- a tote, maybe the Explorer Tote or the Wax and Wool Tote
- a few gift items
- some pillow covers for the couch to match the new quilt
- And next month, I signed up to take a class at my local JoAnn's store for a quilted table runner, which should be fun!
- May cardigan―done and blocked, except for some seaming and picking up and knitting a few rows of ribbing at the arm holes.
- Brioche scarf―I have about a foot and a half left of knitting, which in scarfland isn't that much! I'm still really enjoying this pattern, and I tend to work on it here and there, when I'm in the mood.
- Socks for Nicholas―a new project, but I've been planning this one for awhile. I so enjoyed knitting self-patterning socks for myself, plus Nicholas wears his knitted slipper socks all the time and has been asking for another pair. I'm more than happy to oblige.
Planning for future projects:
- Glacier Park Cowl―I'm about to cast this on. Nicholas bought me the yarn (oh-so-special Woolfolk yarn in two shades of blue!) as an early birthday present, and I bought the pattern on sale. My friend Molly is going to make it at the same time and I'm so excited! Just waiting until I have a few days off of work to get started.
- Christmas and gift knitting, mostly
- Maybe Bobbie ― I love this pattern and I've been itching for a lighter-weight stockinette stitch pattern. Plus, stripes.
And I'd say that's plenty for now! What are you working on?
Creative goals for 2023
At the beginning of each year, I like to make a rough outline of some creative plans. I know that these tentative plans will invariably change, but I like to have a starting point when I look ahead to projects, especially in terms of using yarn or materials already in my stash.
Creativity check, August 2022
It's been some time since I wrote a post about my creative projects, and since a lot of my creative energy has gone to smaller projects like socks and accessories, I've been rather prolific (for me, anyway).
Creativity check and finished projects, spring 2022
It's been just about a month and a half since my last creative check in. A lot has happened in that time, most notably the arrival of our newest family member. In a flurry of last minute nesting, I finished a few projects, and in the wake of postpartum life and Nicholas home on parental leave, I've finished (and modified, more on that below) a couple more items. Completion of things will naturally be slower, of course, since our hands are more full these days, but I wanted to document and share what I've been working on.