The more I knit, the more my knitting tendencies skew to the practical side of things. Garment-wise, this means mostly neutrals. Because practically, that's what I wear (with a few notable exceptions). But when I knit accessories, I'm love color. One of my favorite non-garment practical knits is the Grrlfriend Market Bag (that name....I know). I've used a modified version of this pattern to knit three now. One was a gift, but the other is in constant rotation for trips to Target and the grocery store. Benefits of this type of knitting project: bright colors, big needles, inexpensive yarn (I use a cotton yarn from JoAnn's), and a super useful, machine-washable finished object.*
My friend Molly and I went to the farmer's market this morning and on our way home, decided to do a little photo shoot, just for fun. After a few hours (or much more) of my time is invested in a project, I think the least it deserves is a little glamour shoot ;)
Other semi-related Saturday happiness:
- the best post-market lunch: roasted brussels sprouts + summer sausage + rice crackers + tangerine kombucha
- coffee and baked oatmeal for breakfast
- happy, squinty-eyed iPhone photos
- sampling tamales: pork and pineapple, and a Mexican brownie dessert tamale
- laughing at ourselves as we took photos and Molly almost falling into a ditch
- a little knitting with a new project
- allll the sunshine
Happy weekending, friends!
*For details about my modifications, you can visit my Ravelry page.