True fall weather is still holding out on us, for the most part. But the fall color is quite nice this year, with leaves in so many shades of gold and yellow and the occasional red. I'm itching to partake in the season (and I've been only somewhat successful in holding off on the Christmas cheer).
So here are the things I'm loving the most right now:
- cookies, baked a few weeks ago and frozen, to be thawed and warmed and enjoyed for fika
- candy cane coffee
- the soy Christmas candles at Target
- wearing handknit socks and his flannel
- cardamom lattes with Purdue friends
- trying to finish as much Christmas shopping as we can before December, so we can enjoy ourselves more
- Dr. Bronner's Organic castille bar soap in the almond scent
- little piles of leaves on the ground (most days, the weather still allows for sandals)
- knitting on a sock for my mom :)
- spiced banana muffins
- picking up Hinds Feet on High Places, an allegory I read a few years ago, and would highly recommend
- a fuzzy navy pillow from the clearance section at Target
- a little "woolberry" enamel pin
- re-reading this post I wrote last November about contentment and the discord between the "thankfulness" of November and the "wish lists and gift" focus of December. Its filled with good reminder for me, yet again.
- enjoying "the nightly tea selection" from the collection my sister-in-law gave me for my birthday. I've tried 11/12 so far! I really love the methodical nature of tea-tasting and recording my thoughts about each one
- drinking coffee in bed while he reads the news to me
Whatever weather you're having (my Minnesota home has already had two snowfalls!) I hope you're enjoying this season. :)
Despite my writing in the previous post that fall felt like it passed the baton to winter, we've actually had some rather warm and sunny weather here. Trying to enjoy the ease of outdoor time without winter layers, just yet!
Looking back at my recent posts, I realized it has been a long time since I wrote a little post about "life lately." I've written about things in our life, yes, like Cooper turning four, a visit to our friends in Bloomington, a visit from my family, a trip to the beach and the one year anniversary of my mother-in-law's passing, recent knitting and other creative projects, and some updates about our garden this year. But I haven't written a post with the little mish-mash bits of life since early June. So here I am now, playing a little bit of catch up.
I've found myself lacking "topical" ideas for my writing here, lately. But then again, most of this blog is just sharing little bits of our life, and well, that's always happening. We have some family birthdays coming up later this month (including Finn's first birthday, my goodness!) But apart from anticipating those, here's what we've been up to lately: