- snuggling with a sleepy puppy
- staying in and wearing sweatpants
- Chemex coffee out of your friend's favorite mug
- afternoon sunlight
- planning for a new knitting project
- unraveling a completed knitted project I never really liked
- homemade maple-glazed scones
- discussing the merits of eyebrow pencil
- FaceTiming with my mom to look at fabrics and plan her next quilt
- Sunday supper of roasted brussels sprouts and chicken legs
- enduring friendships
- realizing answered prayers and insight years later
- reliving the joys and hardships of the last year, and praising God for all of it
Joy is brimming out of my heart right now.
Looking back at my recent posts, I realized it has been a long time since I wrote a little post about "life lately." I've written about things in our life, yes, like Cooper turning four, a visit to our friends in Bloomington, a visit from my family, a trip to the beach and the one year anniversary of my mother-in-law's passing, recent knitting and other creative projects, and some updates about our garden this year. But I haven't written a post with the little mish-mash bits of life since early June. So here I am now, playing a little bit of catch up.
It's been awhile since a "life lately" post where I write about all the little bits and pieces of our life. This spring has been a rather cold one, but just this past weekend, we are seeing much warmer temperatures and the weather seems to be catching up with the date on the calendar. As someone who enjoys the colder months, I will say that spring and summer feel a bit magical with kids, and logistically, lots of things just feel easier as the temperatures are more mild.
Starting sometime in the fall, I made a point to be a bit more creative and find new to us trails to hike on and explore. Since then, we have found several new favorites for when we are in the mood for a hike, regardless of the season.