- snuggling with a sleepy puppy
- staying in and wearing sweatpants
- Chemex coffee out of your friend's favorite mug
- afternoon sunlight
- planning for a new knitting project
- unraveling a completed knitted project I never really liked
- homemade maple-glazed scones
- discussing the merits of eyebrow pencil
- FaceTiming with my mom to look at fabrics and plan her next quilt
- Sunday supper of roasted brussels sprouts and chicken legs
- enduring friendships
- realizing answered prayers and insight years later
- reliving the joys and hardships of the last year, and praising God for all of it
Joy is brimming out of my heart right now.
Starting sometime in the fall, I made a point to be a bit more creative and find new to us trails to hike on and explore. Since then, we have found several new favorites for when we are in the mood for a hike, regardless of the season.
2022: A year in review
Welcome to my annual post of our life in the last year – a review of all the big and little events, travels, habits, heartbreaks, and joys. These posts require a lot of time and energy, in part due to sifting through all the posts I wrote in the last year, but also because these posts spur me to reflect and sit with the previous year for a moment, before stepping into the next one.
2021: A year in review
Every January, I assemble a blog post of sorts that catalogs our year. Largely organized in list-form, I touch on the big and little things, events and thoughts and experiences that shaped our life over the last year. I do find this incredibly helpful as a sort of reflection, a glance back on the Lord's faithfulness, to show me, time and time again, that He is a good God. And with that mindset, I feel less encumbered as we continue on into the new year, more ready to face a full year of new, fresh days, with the heart attitude that regardless of what the days will hold, mundane or exciting, difficult or good, I can walk into the future with hope and trust in Him. Plus, I do enjoy looking back on a lot of the little details of our life, the ones that make me smile or think, Oh, yes! We loved that! What a little joy in our life.