There's nothing particularly special about today, the sixth of February. But it's also a really nice day. I'm sure you've had unexpected nice, normal days like that too? We slept in, and when I did wake up, it was to the sound of rain outside our bedroom window. We made aeropress coffee and warmed up PB oatmeal and leftover bacon. Since then, I've been working around the house, knitting some here and there, and generally having a cozy day, all wrapped up in my arctic cardigan over a dress and leggings.
Apart from today, here's what we've been up to:
- Wearing my color-dipper Tread hat to work every morning
- "Floating" to the Mother/Baby unit at our hospital
- Deep cleaning the apartment
- Watching knitting podcasts
- Watching Nicholas' play through of Subnautica (it's such a fascinating game)
- Meal planning again (I'm "back on the wagon," or whatever you want to say about that. But we have a higher quality of life when I meal plan ;)
- Browsing fabric combinations for a metamorphic dress
- Making an easy risotto for lunch
- Baking cookies on Superbowl Sunday
- Journaling in my Psalter
- Using this Aveda lotion Nicholas gave me for Christmas to keep my hands moisturized. The scent is heavily nostalgic for me, in the best way.
- Slowly reading the most lovely story. This book is like a cup of your best tea that you keep sipping slowly, even after it's cooled.
- Anticipating the arrival of the yarn for my Ninilchik Swoncho
- Glimpsing a little light in the sky when I leave work on time
- Watching the Space X Heavy Falcon test. Seriously cool.
- Knitting the sleeves/neckband for my Mae sweater
- Feeling like a homebody a lot more, lately
- Anticipating a visit from my parents!
Overall, it's mostly grainy pictures, knitting a few stitches at a time, drinking warm drinks, feeling homesick for the snowy North, watching Netflix, bullet journaling, and trusting God that He has a really good plan for our future, beginning right now, today, with this good, rainy, cozy day-at-home.
What is your February life like?
PS — I accidentally published this post before finishing it, so if you read it in an incomplete state, oops! I tried to add pictures and round out my thoughts best I could to make it more presentable asap.
Get the latest posts delivered to your inbox