Not too long ago, I wrote a post on how and why I meal plan. In that post, I said I'd write about our favorite, frequently made meals. While I enjoy trying new recipes, I love having a set of "go-to" recipes that we know we love. Also, as dorky as it sounds, I like the idea of making a recipe frequently enough that I know which baking dish is the the perfect fit.
These are some of the meals that end up on the most meal plans:
- Scrambled or fried eggs, usually with coconut or olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Homemade granola.
- New for us: homemade yogurt! A friend gave us a simple yogurt maker, so I made my first batch last week and loved it.
- Gluten-free oat waffles (our favorite)
- Grain-free pancakes
- Our (absolute) favorite peanut butter baked oatmeal. I make this at least twice a week in our prettiest pie dish. I cut it into four pieces, so the two of us get two breakfasts from one batch. Also, I make it with almond milk and without the banana (modifications for this are included with the recipe). I do everything the night before, except mixing the dry and wet ingredients together and baking it.
- Leftovers, most commonly soups and stews. I also make a taco salad with leftover taco meat, sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and red cabbage
- Tuna, with gluten-free crackers
- Fresh spinach and a mozzarella cheese stick rolled up in nitrite-free deli turkey (such as Applegate)
- Oven-baked salmon, quinoa (with coconut oil, salt, oregano), and a salad
- Tacos, with grass-fed beef
- Slow cooker crispy carnitas (really good leftovers)
- Crispy honey-orange fried shrimp, with a veggies on the side
- Sweet potato shepherd's pie
- Mexican chicken soup
- Almond cake (this was my birthday cake last year)
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Almond chocolate chip cookies
- Dark chocolate gluten free brownies
Anyone share my partiality for familiar recipes? What are your go-to meals?